As I surf the Internet I often see many articles and posts on letting go. “Just let go”, “Let Go and Let God”. These are nice sentiments, but I always prefer actual practical advice on how to do so – so here’s my own personal short list:
- The right things will come to you when you are ready for them – not before.
- Not everyone is supposed to like you and you aren’t entitled to an endless stream of applause.
- You can’t have expectations of others and accept them for who they really are at the same time.
- No one belongs to you. People belong to themselves and to the greater scheme. You and the rest of the world get to share them for a little while.
- When in doubt, just say you’re sorry. It’s probably your fault and if it is, at this point, what’s one more error on top of the pile? If it’s not, well that was your good karmic deed for the day.
- You can’t actually “let go” – it’s not in your nature – you can however practice letting go every day and as you do so, you’ll find you feel a little better about things.
7. You are a tiny primate residing on a little planet that is teaming with other life forms. This planet spins by itself and then spins around a sun with a small group of other planets in one solar system among many on the outer edge of one galaxy in a near-endless universe. There is very little you are in charge of – so just try to enjoy ride!